Friday, January 10, 2014

Recap of the Top Adventurous and Monumental Moments of 2009!

25. Changing my car's breaks and radiator. Amazing what a few little mechanical adjustments can do so that your car stops on the way down the mountain and doesn't over-heat on the way back up the mountain. 


24. Locking my keys in the car for at least the eighth time, but this time with the car running

23. The joys and frustration of joining and blending two programs together 

22. Long nights of talking and chilling at the "office hangout" of JYA 

21. Landing a 22 inch lake trout that had slipped my hook a few times. She was a beauty 

20. Walking on the stars! Hollywood 

19. Visiting the Northern California Baseball Stadiums; the San Francisco Giants and the Oakland A's 

18. Eating Chinese in Chinatown, walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, and driving down Lombard Street 

17. Monday nights in the park, playing ultimate with friends 

16. Adventures in Jet skiing; one time with my foot in a boot and the other time with a crazy un-predictable driver 

15. Escaping off of Alcatraz Island with my life 

14. Successfully living in California and being pulled over by a patrol cop on motorcycle for talking on the cell phone; now all I need, is to be pulled over by a cop on a horse 

13. Chasing a Raccoon out of the school's kitchen at midnight; oh, while I was on crutches

12. Coming face to face with my childhood nightmare: Chucky armed with his butcher knife on the streets of Hollywood 

11. Hiking through an irrigation stream that later I would find out was being used to supply water to a huge Marijuana field that was busted later that summer by the cops. Good thing for me; I never ran into the farmers... 

10. Jumping into Burney Falls with freezing water temperature of early Spring 

9. Losing my car in Chinatown...(up Mason street, down Pacific street, up Washington street, cross California street, Wait a minute, back on Mason street again; lets go down Stockton street...) 

8. Experiencing Creation Festival West; working it, camping out, making friends, hearing Kutless and other great bands, and sitting in the youth pastor tent listening to the bands and speakers 

7. Experiencing a mountain lion attack 10 yards from the place where I was standing! I heard a squeal, took off for the path, and turned around to see a mountain lion attacking a pig. I didn't stick around to watch; but I think the poor little pig was out-wrestled by the mountain lion and became dinner. 

6. Hitting the ground while playing basketball, and the horrific image of my foot 90 degrees to the inside. Plenty of adventures for the next ten weeks; crutching miles, driving left footed, flying Delta with a cast, and performing the electric slide at Matt and Becca's wedding 

5. Attending the Rose Bowl and seeing Penn State play, also enjoying the Pasadena's Parade of Roses 

4. Writing my first book about the adventures and life stories of my first twenty-five years 

3. Hitting the one-year mark of a successful running boys program; that we had poured prayer, time, creativity, money, sweat, and blood into 

2. A full-year of investing in a few teen guys and staff's lives 

1. One more year of investing in a relationship with Jesus Christ 


No comments:

Post a Comment