Friday, January 31, 2014

God never takes a nap!

You're in it! A storm in life; you're drowning and it seems like no one notices or even cares. You gasping for relief, you're lonely, you're stuck and don't seem to me moving, you lost all hope. Then the question comes to your mind where is God? I don't see Him! I don't feel Him! Is He even there?

I was reading the other day from the book of Psalm. In there I came across an amazing verse that said God does not sleep! (Psalm 121:3) That's amazing, He is always available, right? But yet in the middle of our storms we look for Him and it's like He isn't there. Maybe He is asleep...Maybe He spending time with my pastor...Or maybe that guy who prays like 5 times a day is keeping God preoccupied...

All valid thoughts; but yet all thoughts are invalid truths about God! God does not take naps. He doesn't get preoccupied. He is with you through your storms. How do I know this? Well, from the Bible of course; you know, the Sunday School answer. But at the same time because I have gone through storms in my life. Now when I go through them, many times I don't see Him. Not sure exactly why at times, it could be that I am in a pity party or maybe the storm is so bad my eyes are closed waiting for the storm to lift. Whatever the reason is; I still know God was with me during the storms! HOW? When I get out on the peaceful waters and look back at my time in the storm. I see Him! He is working in and through my life. He sent people along to encourage me at the right times. He sheltered me from getting permanently lost in my storm. He helped me overcome the storm. He made me stronger. I am where I am because He loved me.

If you are a Jesus follower; you have that hope when Jesus said I will neither leave you or forsake you. If you are not a follower; He is waiting with open arms for you to turn around and accept Him! He has been there the whole time, asking you to give your life to Him, but for whatever reason you wanted to live life on your own terms. You wanted to be the king of you life. But He is right there waiting for you to say His name, waiting to be part of your life! God never naps, He is alive and relevant in the life of the believer and waiting to be alive and relevant in the life of the unbeliever!

No comments:

Post a Comment