Friday, January 10, 2014

Recap of Top 25 Adventures and Life Stories of 2011


25. Experiencing the frozen custard of Ted Drews after a baseball game 


24. Always wonder what White Castle would be like. I was able to experience the taste of it; as well as, the not so good experience of having it sit in your stomach on a road trip. Enough said...

23. Learned how to make pretzels. We got to roll our own dough and learned how to twist the pretzels 

22. For my birthday, I had my first “butter” burger at Krolls

21. While I was drinking coffee at Starbucks, the rubber piece of my earphones came off in my ear. Unable to get it out, I drove to Pastor Rick’s house and he was able to remove it with a pair of tweezers. It was very uncomfortable having a rubber piece lodged in your ear and not sure if it would come out

20. I’ve rode on many roller coasters, but the Zippen Pippen is one of the most famous. It was Elvis’ favorite roller coaster!

19. Thanksgiving of this year was the first year I did the turkey myself! It turned out great and it felt rewarding to be able to eat the turkey I spent much time on

18. It might be a small thing, but creating two specific albums was a special project I spent lots of time on. The first one had pictures and facts for our trip to Hershey Chocolate World. The other had pictures of us, with a simple message of “Will you marry me?” 

17. A romantic dinner at the Wellington with Amber. It was the most fanciest, expensive restaurants that I have been to and we both were dressed to impress!

16. Visited the Indianapolis Art Museum. Climbed on “Funky Bones” and was able to see Robert Indiana’s famous “LOVE” sculpture

15. I was able to experience life in Green Bay; before, during, and after the Packers won Super Bowl XLV

14. On our visit to Lancaster County, Amber and I rode in an Amish buggy and toured the farmlands of the area

13. I have visited many ball parks over the years, this year I was able to visit Busch Stadium where the St. Louis Cardinals play baseball

12. I was able to speak to the college students of Campus Crusade on the Green Bay campus. It was an awesome opportunity to invest in college student’s lives, and encourage them to “Come Die” to their selfs and live for Jesus!

11. Participating in the Student Pastor’s “NON Conference” and staying up most of the night with Jake working on youth ministry things together

10. Amber and I were able to make our own Hershey Chocolate bar creation

9. I was able to feed a giraffe at the New Zoo in Green Bay

8. Ice fishing in Michigan has always been a dream of mine. Ice fishing in Wisconsin works for me. I was able to catch a few Northern Pike, which made my very “cold” experience totally worth it

7. Amber’s date day! She wanted to surprise me with a day in Door County. We went to Eagle Tower lookout, drove paddle boats, went shopping in little stores, ate an amazing pizza called the “Fun Guy,” and had ice-cream at “Not Licked Yet”

6. Toured the St. Louis Gateway Arch. Looking out across St. Louis from 630 feet off the ground was one of the most amazing sights I have been able to see!

5. Went for a ride on the St. Louis City Museum 10 story slide. It was an amazing rush, flying down the biggest slide I have ever been on!

4. Climbing through the money bars “slinky” that was located five stories off the ground. It is crazy to think that there was only a little metal wire between me and a five story drop!

3. On Wednesday nights, we did a series called “Through the Bible in 6 Weeks” Eleven 
months later, we finished an Old and New Testament survey of the Bible.

2. Under a red covered bridge, while on one knee, I asked a beautiful woman to   
marry me. She said yes!  

1. One more year of investing in a relationship with Jesus Christ 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment