Friday, January 10, 2014

Recap of Top 25 Adventures and Life Stories of 2012


25. My favorite dish that I have made this year is Parmesan Chicken Squares! I have passed the recipe out to many people because it tastes amazing, cheap to make, and one of the easiest dinners you can prepare

24. For Valentine’s Day; we had a special date night of dinner, a movie, and chocolate! The dinner was at Prime Quarter, where you have the privilege of grilling your own food inside on their giant hickory charcoal grills. This was a great experience, even though all we did was make our own Texas toast and had the chef grill our steaks

23. My bachelor party was fun. We ordered one hundred wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and had a blast of laser tag, mini bowling, and arcade games at Funset Blvd

22. Dressing up like Peter Venkman from the Ghostbusters. I took a pile of junk and made my own proton pack. I actually had more fun creating my costume, than actually wearing it

21. Next to Hershey Chocolate Land, M&M World is my next best chocolate adventure!

20. Knocked another MLB ballpark off my list. We took the teenagers to Miller Park to watch the Brewers play the Pirates. They were happy because my Pirates got beat in the ninth inning with a walk-off by Corey Hart

19. Every month, I buy my wife a gerber daisy on the 5th which is our wedding date. Something I have vowed to do before I got married, to show my love and to reflect monthly on our marriage

18. During Christmas break, we shot stuff with a .380! First time shooting a hand gun over a .22. I couldn’t hear anything the rest of the evening...

17. I ate fried frog legs! What an experience, one I might not do again

16. Of all the concerts I have been at, I have never caught a guitar pick or a drum stick. In some cases, I have been really close; but it was still something I needed to scratch off my list of things to do. This year at Power of One, I caught a drumstick in midair. Most likely all that basketball playing, helped with my height and I timed it perfectly to out jump those taller than me. A little later, I picked up a guitar pick. Both are hanging in our youth room

15. Billy Graham Crusade decided to choose Green Bay as one of three locations to put on their Rock the Lakes event. I was part of it from the beginning, by attending meeting and training after meeting and training. I got on board in March, the event took place in August, and there was a time period of involvement following the event. It was a learning experience for me; I learned some great organization and creative approaches, and some negative things as well. Over all the experience grew my leadership and my ministry understanding of reaching out to a community

14. My upper ball joints and tie rods were pretty bad on my car. In fact, every time I turned a corner I could hear a pop and both tires had a lot of wiggle room. Not wanting a tire to fall off and not wanting to pay a few thousand dollars; I got under the car and did my own repairing. When I was done my car had two new upper ball joints, two new tie rods, two new break pads, two new strut bar bolts, oil head gasket, an oil change and saved a lot of money

13. When I was in high school; I shot my youth pastor in the neck with a paintball gun. Ten years later, I got to feel the pain of being on the receiving side of getting shot in the neck. Granted, my experience was friendly fire, at the beginning of the game, and from five feet away. With yellow paint and blood running down my neck, the referee allowed me back out on the field only to get shot by the enemy a few minutes later

12. I always wanted to be part of a flash mob, granted; I didn’t think it would be one that required me to sing. It still was a fun opportunity of being part of a flash mob that sang Christmas carols in the food court of a mall

11. Visited Lambert’s Cafe, home to the “throwed rolls.” The place became famous through many things, but the one that sticks out the most is throwed rolls. When the owner couldn’t get a roll to a customer, the customer told him just to to throw it, and the legend grew. Today, a worker comes out and yells “Hot Rolls”; then throws them to raised hands at the tables. Rob Tate and I created a game plan before going in. He video taped while I put on a baseball glove. I raised the glove, the guy loved it, and hit me up for a long toss over a few tables. What an experience!

10. Amber took me on our first overnight adventure as a married couple to House on the Rock. We explored Japanese gardens; rooms filled with dolls, guns, and mechanical musical instruments; and the World's Largest Carousel

9. Sat through my first time share speech. It only took two long hours of our time, did I mention long...We resisted buying in, ate a free breakfast, and was given seventy-five dollars in cash for outlet shopping later that day

8. Ate and played at the Most Unique McDonalds in the world! You can eat unhealthy, Big Mac or healthy, Veggie Pita. Play mini bowling, Deal or no Deal, or one of the many arcade games

7. Snorkeling with tropical fish and rays was amazing. One of the biggest rays swam right under me, just his tail was longer than me! Simply beautiful creatures, I’m glad we took along water cameras for our adventure

6. I was able to see my four closest friends for the weekend of my wedding! Thanks guys (RodneyJeff , Matt, and Sam) for being part of my big day

5. With marriage, I inherited wonderful in-laws and family

4. I was asked to preach five times on Sunday mornings. Each message has stretched me, and has strengthened me in preparation of a sermon, communication, and leadership. Also developing a more seriousness of delivery God’s Word in and through the Holy Spirit direction! (Here are the messages: “Being Available” - I Samuel 14 “Come Die” - Luke 9:21-26 “God Has Power Over Sin” - John 19:31-20:20 “A Loaf of Bread” - Mark 8:14-21 “Living Life as a True Disciple” - I Kings 19:19-21)

3. Swam with the dolphins! This might just be one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. Not only that; I kissed one too...

2. Married the most beautiful, loving, passionate, caring woman on May 5th! Starting a life long journey, friendship, partnership, and exciting adventures of my life. Look forward to every moment I spend with her, and love her more today than when we first said “I do.”

1. One more year of investing in a relationship with Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment