Tuesday, January 21, 2014

First NFL Game Experience at Lambeau Field!

It took me a little longer to blog about this than I thought it would. I mean first NFL game! And it was a playoff game! It was at Lambeau Field! They were predicting it to be the second coldest game in NFL history; -19 with a windchill of -35 or so... It took me four seasons to land a ticket and with the threat of the cold, packer fans did not buy them up! I was able to get a ticket on the second row in the corner of the end zone, yes, in Lambeau Leap Zone! What an amazing opportunity!

The story: My wife dropped me off at the stadium. I was layered like the marshmallow man; at least that is how I felt. Anytime in the game I would have been ready to play, because I had enough padded protection to take a hit from BJ Raji! I got to my seat early and the guys on the first row let me stand in their section; so that I could watch all the warm ups and pre-game action on the field. As the game was about to start, I realized I would be pretty warm; because we were packed in tighter than sardines in a can! In fact for most of the first quarter, my guy on the right and the guy on the left were shoulder to shoulder. Yep, that left me standing behind them looking over their shoulders. By the end of the quarter I had weaseled my way in front of them in our row; and held my position for the remainder of the game. I left my seat once at halftime, to go find a place where I could sit and take my boots off. I took quite a few hand warmers and crammed them in my boots; before putting them back on and heading back to my seat. Now my toes could unthaw and be warm for the second half of the game!

The game was amazing! The fan environment was awesome! I made a lot of friends and created a lot of memories. The game was super close till the end, and it was definitely a nail biter. Unfortunately, the Packers lost game on a 49'ers last second field goal. Yes, disappointing way to end the game; but it will go down as a story that I will talk about for years to come. (oh and I can't wait to watch the game on the television; because I was able to spot me during the Fox Sports highlights of one of the 49er's touchdown celebrations!)

No comments:

Post a Comment