Thursday, August 13, 2015

Prayer in the strangest places

I have been convicted lately of my lack of quiet times with the Father! Going into this year; I was solid and my prayer life was developing into a strong area of my life. Then 2015 happened; my busiest year yet and my first born is not even here yet!

Now I should mention that the quiet time I am talking about is the time in the mornings that I spend with God. My prayer life throughout the day and spending time with Him is great. At the same time; having both, the block of time in the morning and a day spent with God, is the best way to go. I have spent my time over the last two years reading books on prayer, focusing on passages of Scripture that emphasizes prayer, and placing myself around people of prayer. Prayer is huge! Sort of like oxogen is needed to live; prayer is needed to survive as a Christian!

I spent some time reading E. M. Bounds and Henry Blackaby books today; while focusing my thoughts on a prayer life and refocusing to get back where I was. Blackaby was talking about when we pray; we shouldn't bring up our agenda but rather fine tune into God's agenda. I read this while sitting in my office "Starbucks." As I kept reading; I tuned into the conversation beside me of two men. I heard the phrase something like "well, I believe that there is a God and Jesus..." and a few other words. Bam, it connected! God's agenda is so much bigger than me; He is working everywhere! At that moment, I put the book down and prayed over both men. I prayed for the man that seemed to be open to the belief that there was a God and Jesus. I also prayed over the words of the man talking with him. I was right where I needed to be today; I just needed to tune in where God was working so that I could be part of what He was doing!

Then the men left; and then I knew I wasn't supposed to stop there. I started praying over the Starbucks employees, customers ordering, those sitting around me. Praying for the volunteer fireman worker, the nurse/doctor in scrubs, the girl studying, the couples, young and old. How is God working in their lives; I couldn't answer but He is!

So here is my challenge to you:

While you're are enjoying coffee at your favorite coffee stop...
While you're sitting in your office with all your co-workers around you...
While you're attending in school, because you have to...
While you're standing in line at the DMV...
While you're waiting in the movie theater for the Minions movie to start...
While you're...

Pray for those around you, pray that they will be able to see God's love, pray that the people He placed in their lives would have the courage to share His love, and always pray for an opportunity to rep Jesus in those locations as well!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment