Thursday, August 20, 2015

Persistence is Key

Summer Blast is this weekend already; boy, has the summer flown! We are excited to be celebrating the 5th Annual Summer Blast. Who knew when we started Snow Blast 5 years ago; we would be celebrating the 5th year for both events! They sure have been a hit with the kids.

Glen and I were talking about what games we would like to do this year. Always looking for new games and using the best games from years past. "Go Big or Go Home Philosophy!" I decided to do kickball with inflatable pools as bases. Yes, this way of playing the game has gotten pretty big with the sharing of the Facebook video! We won't have the slip n slides for this event; but we wanted four kiddie pools for the bases.

Glen stopped by four stores and reported back to me that he couldn't find any and that the stores had put the seasonal away! I should have figured; after all, don't stores start putting Christmas items out at this time? We needed the pools so I drove all over Green Bay going to every store I could think of. SEVENTEEN STORES LATER...I found baby inflatable pools! They were $13 originally and marked down for $5. Deal!

Sometimes one would have just given up; but when something is worth it, we strive to finish it. This adventure of looking for kiddie pools reminds me of a story in my past:


Yeah, like a Scrat (the squirrel from Iceage). I mean where something or someone gets you so frustrated and aggravated. Then you start making noises or start screaming or just start losing it. This happened to me days before Christmas. See I wanted to get my Dad a Scrat for Christmas. My Dad loves the little guy. So, figuring it would be a breeze; I started to search for him. I searched for him in Lynchburg, Va; then Gettysburg and York, Pa (where I live); and then finally Harrisburg, Pa. I went to 4 Walmarts, 3 Targets, 4 Toys R Us, K-mart, 2 Kb Toys, JcPennies, Sears, and the list goes on. When I added it up it was like 32 stores that I went to. Oh, and I'd have to mention I did search in the Disney store. Granted, I should have known that Iceage is not a Disney movie; but a Century Fox movie. Anyways, I found one in Harrisburg, Pa. An hour away from my house in the fourth Toys R Us that I went to. He is lifesize and when you push his nose he makes Scrat type noises. Yeah, so for three days of searching for a Scrat; I now can relate to how Scrat feels in Iceage. Scrat and I have a connection. (written December 26, 2006)
I don't think this time, I was willing to drive to 30 plus stores over three states for inflatable pools...but when I have a vision and something worth it: I tend to go big or go home! Persistence is the key to seeing your vision through!

No comments:

Post a Comment