Thursday, November 20, 2014

Why does God allow bad things happen to good people?

Why does God allow bad things happen to good people?

Valid question! Hard question! Most asked question!

But I want to change the question...after all, how do we determine who is good... So my question is; if the pentaly for sin is death, why does God allow me to continue to live?

Let me use an illustration: I am sitting in a court room and taking in everything I hear and see. The evidence is strong, the jury is out for blood, the judge is convinced, and the defendant admitted to his crime. The defendant murdered someone and now it's time for his sentence to be announced. I'm listening to the jury and they find him guilty saying that he will receive the death pentaly 50 years from now. As the jury goes on; they state that the defendant will receive this death pentaly, but that he is also free to go and live his final 50 years wherever he wants. Now that would be crazy!

When I think about it, that is how I live my life! Because of my sin, I receive death. Because of God's love and grace, I get to live out my days on earth! So my thinking has changed from why does God allow bad things, to why does God continue to let me live, to God has a purpose for man and he shows it through his love and mercy by giving us life on earth. What are you going to do with your time on earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment