Saturday, August 9, 2014

Thoughts on Worship

"For many, church has become all about me-what I'm learning, what I'm seeking, what I'm desperate for, what I need, how I've been affected, what I can do. We see ourselves as isolated individuals all seeking personal encounters with God, wherever we can find them. 

Sadly, this reflects our individualistic, me obsessed culture. Rather than seeing ourselves as part of a worship community, we become worship consumers. We want worship on demand, served up in our own way, at our own time, and with our own music." Bob Kauflin 

Wow, great thoughts! Worship is not just about music, it's about our hearts and worshipping an awesome God! When we focus in on my needs or wants, we miss out on worshipping God. When we say, 'I can't worship because of ...' we miss out on connecting with God who we came to church for. We should and do worship God through music, our tithes, prayer, reading God's Word, Bible study though preaching, and community (being part of the church). It is what we go to church for. What should we do? We should put away what I want and focus on what He wants! To say I am okay if I don't get anything out of the service, but did I give God worship and/or did I invest in others and help them to worship God in a positive way? Let's get rid of the "me" obsessed culture and be a "God" obsessed culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment