Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Each person has a total of 168 hours a week. No more and no less. What we do with that time matters! Each kid that is in my ministry has 168 hours a week and I have come to realize I only have about two hours to impact their lives. So it has been my ministry goal to make the most of these two hours and invest in the lives of kids within my reach.

As a parent, this way of thinking has changed. As I read the Bible, I find that the main people that should be impacting kids for Jesus and equipping them in the faith are the parents. Yes, I am still called to reach kids within my two hours with my specific ministry calling, but I am also called as a parent to raise Nathaniel in Jesus. I won't be satisfied with the two blue dots for Nathaniel, I need to use many of those green dots as a parent to reflect Jesus!

Parents, it is so important to pray with your children, to read devotions with your children, to model a Christ-like picture for your children and to look for times to point your kids to Jesus. You, over the church, will always have more of an impact in showing Jesus to them. The church is just your partner in helping you raise your children in Jesus. Look for ways this week to model, to teach and to show God to your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment