Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Please keep a young lady; Chelsey, in prayer tonight, the next week, and into her future. Ill share below to connect the dots.

Tonight was an unusual night; Nathaniel and I got in the car with no destination in mind. After driving around for a little while, I asked Siri for the nearest park. I noticed two playgrounds and picked the latter. After spending a little time there and it was geared towards older kids, I decided to check the other one out. Upon pulling in I noticed people walking, a young family playing whiffle ball and a young lady sitting at a picnic bench. She didn't fit in the picture…I noticed her blue hair, her head was down on the table, and she looked bored or lonely. Maybe she was part of the family playing whiffle ball or waiting for young guy who was practicing frisbee throwing???

Nathaniel and I started playing on the playground. That feeing kicked in; this picture is wrong. “God do you want me to say something?” “If so, I will before we leave if no one does.” I waited the family left, she sat there. The frisbee guy left, she was still there. People walked right past her, said nothing to her. Nathaniel kept playing, I would glance over from time to time; I soon noticed a clear glass bottle. Something was going on in this girl’s life; she looks she needs hope.

Hope! A word that I have been working with today. I had been in an email conversation about setting up some future things and the word I wanted to use wasn't available. The word “hope” was available and it fit in with our church purpose of “Inviting people to find hope in Jesus Christ.” The email came across from my friend “just say the word” and it can be set up. I knew the Holy Spirit was talking with me and I knew I needed to say something.

Nathaniel just kept playing; I tried to get him to go a few times, but he wasn't going to be happy. How can I say something if doesn't want to go? (excuse number 16 that went through my head) I was right he wasn't happy, but I put him in his car seat, I pulled up a youtube favorite, left the door open and took a few steps towards her. I was so glad that I had pulled up to the parking spot beside this picnic bench. I asked her if she was okay, she said yes; but the pain in her eyes said otherwise. I told her that we saw her when we pulled up thinking she was waiting for someone; but then the longer we played at the playground, we couldn't help but to notice that something was wrong. I told her I saw lots of people playing and walking past her; and I couldn't walk past without asking if she was okay. I asked her if was just having a bad day, sort of referring to sitting alone with a bottle beside her. Our conversation from here on tore my heart.

She shared her story; she just got out of rehab and was choosing the bottle over the other substances. She was living in Florida, because she needed to get away from that lifestyle here. She was only back in this area, because her close friend had overdosed and she came back for his funeral. Hurt? Heavy? This young lady is in a dark place and in place that needs hope. I am so glad I didn’t walk past without saying something. I did the best I could; I listened. Let her know I was sorry she was going through something heavy like this. I encouraged her to connect with friends and family. I prayed for her and for this young man’s friends and family. Promised that I would ask my friends to pray for her. As we left, she had thanked me and I saw some hope in her eyes; that for a time she was encouraged that someone would stop and listen and pray and someone cared that she was hurting. 


As we left and drove home, I prayed over her. That she wouldn't do anything to harm herself, that she wouldn't turn to substances, that God would send others followers of Jesus into her life within the next 24 hours, that they would listen to the Holy Spirit and not be afraid to approach her, that He would guard her life and show Himself to her. Now I am asking my family and friends to keep Chelsey in prayer. Pray for this young man’s, Justin, family and friends as they go through the pain of losing him. Pray that Chelsey is drawn to the best hope that is in Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment