Monday, December 8, 2014

The woman in the walls

I was getting for ready for Wednesday night youth group when one of the scariest things happened to me in a church...and I have had quite a few! Our heating at the church had gone out in half the building and Pastor Rick had a heater running for us when I got there. I'm guessing with the heater, the soda machine, and me turning on the coffee; I blew a breaker. No problem, I knew where it was and this breaker had blown before. 

I went to the breaker room and reset the switch. As I was about to leave, a woman said something to me! She told me that she was recording my progress. I felt the chill go down my spine and turned around, nothing. I thought to myself, there has to be someone upstairs and the voice carried. I went upstairs to find a dark church that and no one present. Weird! I was getting excited, there had to be a machine or something talking. I wasn't crazy, I heard something. 

I looked outside and saw Pastor Rick walking over. I explained everything to him and then went on to show him exactly what I did. Nothing happened...I expressed that I knew I wasn't hearing voices. Then it happened again and we both heard her. Rick thought it was coming from my office above, maybe the battery operated vacuum. He ran upstairs and we went through the process. Rick came back down and stated that there was nothing up there. Man, it seems like it is coming from the walls; a woman's voice inside the wall. 

One of the deacons showed up soon after and we got him attrigued. He thought maybe it was coming from outside, so he went out. Nope, he didn't hear a thing. Then, I got up on a ladder and looked through a hole in the wall. I saw a light bulb, there's a room! The other furnace room! I went back in the back of that room and there on the wall was a transmitter for an old daycare. It had a cassestte player and so I ejected the tape. Then, I got more chills as the woman voice told me directly please close my door. Wow, who knew that technology from back then was so smart and demanding! 

I figured out who the woman in the walls was! I will have to remember when the breaker goes off that she resets herself. I also will have to remember for the next youth ministry lockin because I am so having a teenager hide in there for Sardines, then throwing the switch, and introducing them to the woman in the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment