Thursday, April 24, 2014

Kids are not the church of tomorrow...

I heard many times as a teenager that I was the next generation of the church; and to me then, that seemed far off. I tell my teenagers all the time; they are not the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today! Even children are used by God, read the Bible. God called and talked to Samuel at age 12! A boy gave his lunch of fish and loaves! David most likely a child when he killed a bear and a lion, maybe a young teenager by the time he went against Goliath!

I was listening to a pastor preach the other day and he talked about a 6 year old kid that heard about street kids in another country. The young kid had found out that these street kids many times didn't have food to eat and would go hungry. This kid had received a 100 dollar bill for Christmas; and decided that he wanted to give all of it to help street kids have food. Wow! He was only six and he wanted to help street kids that he will most likely never meet! God still uses kids today!

Guess what? Kids are not the church of tomorrow...THEY ARE PART OF THE CHURCH OF TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment