Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Youth Christmas Caroling


Christmas Caroling is always fun and rewarding! Back in August, I decided that we were going to make this a must attend event for our youth. The event was a youth driven Christmas success. We invited people from the church to join us, and we even had a neighbor from the community join us. Two groups went out trying to successfully hit 11 homes across Green Bay. Loaded with gifts of cookies and ornaments, each group made their visits. What happened during and after; I could not put into words! But I will try to hit just some of the moments...

We had shut-ins that spent their whole day waiting for us to come, and were so excited to be visited. We spent so much time at each place, that we went close to an hour over what we planned. We had amazing people make us lots of hot cocoa and had plates of cookies for us. One of our planned visits, would have been a little too late for them; so while at one house we sang carols over the phone! I was bummed we didn't make it there, but was thrilled that we could at least be an encouragement to her.

Afterwards, I was able to get a few reflections from the youth. How the older people looked forward to it. That they had fun. Below I included a clip of We Wish You a Merry Christmas from my group, as well as my group photo and a photo of ornament decorating!






No comments:

Post a Comment